East Thurrock home on Saturday.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Dec 6, 2017.

1. We entertain a team that we seem to struggle to beat in recent seasons and this fixture could be similar.
    There will be at least one change to replace Collier, Kamara would be the obvious choice, unless Dowse has brought in a new player. Apart from this, provided everyone is fit, then the line up should show little change from last week.
    Whether Napa returns is possible, but one would have thought not that likely.
    Await the midweek news tomorrow.
    What do others think?

2. SteveM

SteveM Member

Is this Coombes' last game for us under his loan agreement?

3. Think so, as Sutton do not want him cup tied. (Assuming we cannot negotiate an extension or another more permanent arrangement).
    Although he will have played just three games, I fear he will leave a role in the team that there is no one that can easily slot into. From other comments on the forum, most folk recognise this need and its vital contribution to continued success.

4. SteveM

SteveM Member

Yep, sure Dowse is aware and has someone else lined up. Reckon we'll send ET home with their love lights fully extinguished.

5. SteveM

SteveM Member

Looking at the weather forecast, though, not sure there's much chance this will be played -- freezing from 11pm on Friday to 9am on Saturday, then gradually rising to the day's high of three degrees by midday, according to the BBC. Unless that changes I'd say it doesn't look good, going by previous times of pitch inspections and problems with shadows cast by stands etc.

6. Cars on pitch again Saturday!

7. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

There you go again Steve, you old Jonah.

The lowest it will get is -1C and only for a few hours. That will not be enough to penetrate any depth into the turf so your gloomy prognosis is a little out of whack.

We’ve had conditions like this before in recent years and there’s never been any issue. The main problem is when the ground gets -3 or below for a couple of nights without any respite. This is clearly not the case and so I doubt there will be any issue.

Am actually more concerned about the Ladies fixture on Sunday afternoon.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/forecast/gcpsx21je#?date=2017-12-09

8. SteveM

SteveM Member

I have to go in with all guns blazing to get a response Rob, otherwise it's all tumbleweed and crickets -- good to see psychology still works, thanks.

Guingamptonian likes this.
  9. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Now, now, Shep! Don't you start winding Rob up.

Don't worry too much. Jason, once he has finished cutting the grass, will be covering the area in front of the Simpson Stand so we shouldn't have any problems at all.

Hampton mad likes this.
  10. Glad to read that our groundsman has a plan to combat the cold conditions!

11. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

A simple question “will the pitch be ok?” would have been enough.

I realise not everyone understands the finer points of meteorology but to me the forecast is not enough to force the match to be called off.

12. SteveM

SteveM Member

I refer you to my earlier comment

13. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Saturday temperature will be four degrees rising to eight degrees on Sunday (this is according to the acuweather app)

MK

14. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Hampton 1-0 up all ready. Dartford we are coming after you. Be very afraid.

15. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Hungerford 1 Dartford 0

16. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Hampton 2- 0 up

17. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Hampton 3-0 up

18. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Hampton 4-0 up