Ex Beaver news...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Matt Drage has left Eastbourne Borough (change in personal circumstance). At the same club, Mark Smith loan is to 13/1/18 with 24hr recall for Aldershot.

2. BHH

BHH Member

I think kabamba has been training with the Pompey squad the last month as he wasnt wanted at colchester. Although sad I think we may see him return to the National League in a transfer unless he fits the mould of what a team in league 2 needs who could prevent him dropping back to non league.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. A bit of background information.
    https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...ppointing-loan-for-pompey-s-kabamba-1-8287271
    Think he might want to give it another go in the league.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  4. cliffp

cliffp Member

Ben Harris just signed for Slough Town.

Good player is Ben, hope he does well.

5. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Yes, a very good player. Shame we didn't seem to want to sign him. I'm sure he'll do well there.

6. Adam

Adam Member

Not surprised to see him back up the leagues. Wouldn't have minded him back with us.

7. Have just listened to his interview on their website, he seems to know he is not yet that fit, which is his first priority. This may have counted against him for us, remembering the Beere situation. Dowse always wants players who fit into the club’s ethos.
    Think that their management kept in touch, he also mentioned us, think he sliped in ‘Dowse’, but corrected it to Paul Barry.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  8. Drage has gone to Merstham.

9. Just noticed that Derek Asamoah is back in town with Haringey Borough and scored twice for them tonight before being substituted.

10. tony

tony Member

17 years since he left us. His wikipedia page makes interesting reading, never staying at one club for long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Portsmouth have just loaned Nicke Kabamba to Aldershot for the rest of the season.

12. Aldershot have been monitoring him, as he made an impression on them when playing for us.
    As for him coming to us, he would regard such a move as a backwards step. Aldershot are at a level that he may start to make an impression and get his career back on track.
    Wish him well, nice chap.

13. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Scored on his debut for The Shots.

14. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Nice to see Charlie Moone watching us this afternoon.

15. FWP didn't have him listed in the line-up today, not even on the bench. Well done to him on the good start.

16. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

And Dr. Vince Cable in the directors box

MK

17. cliffp

cliffp Member

A man of the people

18. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Try saying that to our programme editor!

MK

19. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Was he? Wasn’t looking.

20. SteveM

SteveM Member

Did he used to play for us then?