Gloucester City -Home

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by TW3Beaver, Apr 14, 2018.

1. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Two goals in a minute.

1-1

2. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Max K with the equaliser.

3. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

1.1 Thats it Mr Barbel start the Club car lets get out of here.

4. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Lacking a cutting edge in the final third at a crucial time. Can’t see us doing much in the playoffs. Still a great season.

5. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Very frustrating indeed. We aren't playing badly exactly, it's more that we are a bit predictable now. Dropping Winter was odd and Max's injury didn't help matters. But we desperately need a bit more spark if we are to do well in the playoffs.

6. Dowse’s post match comments are interesting. He made some major changes to the team dropping a couple of regulars. With hindsight it probably did not work.
    He seemed to indicate that he is trying all he can to arrest this poor run. He also mentioned some players who quit the club, wonder if he is alluding that some players are thinking about next season somewhere else?
    On Tuesday the Poole game will be vital and our injury list is lengthing with some key players doubtful. Hope Max is not too badly injured, he missed a lot of last season at Woking with a shoulder injury, I seem to recall.

7. davc

davc Member

8. davc

davc Member

Was Brendon injured or dropped (not even on the bench). Although the hasn’t scored many her performances have been decent?

Jolley is injured again I presume.

Apart from Max and Wassamwr I don’t see any of our players who could easily play at a higher level. The keeper who is obviously on loan is a class act who will definitely play football league.

9. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

The way we are dropping points we will be lucky to stay in the play offs. If we hold on for play offs we will make a quick exit on this form. IMO.

10. ISAAC2017

ISAAC2017 New Member

few rumours spotted by a bigger club over Easter but surely best to keep your quality players involved when still some chance of promotion!

11. From what I understand Brendon was dropped. We know from the midweek report that Jolley is injured.
    Agree about both Max and Wassamer, unlike a lot of teams at our level and even below, we don’t appear to give players contracts of more than a season (with the current exception of Casey).
    Regardless of how this season finishes, we are going to need to recruit players, just to cover the current loan players.
    Depending on the budget,as well, it could be a busy summer for Dowse!

Hampton mad likes this.
  12. tony

tony Member

I saw Brendan on the way in to the ground and he told me he had not been selected for the game. I guess this was coming given recent performances but personally I would have kept him as a sub for a more attacking option late on. With Jolley and now Max injured and Long returning to Oxford we are going to be a bit light for the play offs although getting there is looking less certain if this poor form continues. Again yesterday we had plenty of possession but struggled to create chances. In my view we lack pace and someone to play a clever pass to get in behind a defence. Consequently, we play in front and across the defence making it easier for defenders to drop a bit deeper and fend away the crosses. Earlier in the season we were pressing higher up the pitch and forcing defenders to turn. What changes we made didn't seem to alter the pattern of play. I would try Bradley on the right flank which would change the angle of crosses and force him to get behind the defence. Given injuries I guess the team pretty much picks itself for the remaining three games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Hampton mad likes this.
  13. davc

davc Member

Out of curiosity which clubs have been looking at Brandon? Any rumours about other players. Its a shame because the team have done so well this season largely due to the spirit within the camp.

Hampton mad likes this.
  14. Would agree in the main with Tony’s analysis. We miss Jolley in midfield as he gives an option that others don’t in unlocking a packed defence.
    As for the strikers, Jeffers may be more effective if he played off a bigger forward, he struggles when marked closely by a couple of big defenders without close support. He could perhaps fill a role similar to Lowe when he played with Kabamba?
    As for clubs interested in our players, agents will be very active in looking around for deals at this time of the season. We are to a certain extent, victims of our own success especially if it is perceived as ‘punching above our weight’.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  15. The chauffeur

The chauffeur Member

(Lord Elpus, Dropping Winter was odd and Max's injury didn't help matters.)
    The boss needed to do something to shake it up and perhaps get some kind of reaction. Ben was, like many others, poor at Concord and I thought his response when he was called upon was exactly what the manager hoped for.
    Frustrating time for all right now and its time for everybody to really be together given what a fantastic season we have had. I do think the support the team gets is amazing both home and away - got to keep that going because they need you now more than ever. I still believe we will finish third but if its an eliminator then so be it.

Hampton mad likes this.
  16. The chauffeur

The chauffeur Member

Easier said than done when that player happens to be a "luxury" player such as Brendan. His performances have been very inconsistent, his goals of last season a distant memory, and his first half at Concord was, in my view, rather lazy and disinterested.
    Cheer up people - you would have been overjoyed at our position if offered it last August. We are still very much in there and it's not just us dropping points. Its that time of the season when the unexpected becomes the norm rather than the exception.
    Just one or two examples - Bognor 2 St Albans 1, Man Utd 0 West Brom 1, St Albans 0 Whitehawk 3.

Hampton mad likes this.
  17. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Oh absolutely, if we'd been offerred 3rd, or probably even 4th, 5th or 6th place we would have jumped at it. Wasn't at the Concord game but it didn't sound pretty.

18. tony

tony Member

Happy if we can stay in a play off place. We finished 7th last season with 69 points, W19 D12 L11 F81 A56. With three games left our record reads W16 D17 L9 F61 A43 Pts65. Should we win the last three games then clearly our record would be better than last season. Current form suggests something a bit closer to last year so on a bigger budget I guess you would view that as a bit disappointing. However, if we won the play offs from 7th place that would be quite a different matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Braintree have had 1 point deducted for playing Okoye while the player was suspended by The FA.

20. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Just the ONE point??? I thought three points was the norm

MK