Hemel at home on Saturday.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Well get the next boat then...

MK

2. SteveM

SteveM Member

When will referees stop allowing teams to suck the life out of football matches by letting them get away with the levels of blatant time-wasting that we saw today? How their goalkeeper never received a caution for dolly-stepping to retrieve the ball each time it went out for a goal-kick is beyond me. And pandering to their wont for feigning injury at every opportunity to nullify our momentum? C'mon ref, really? Open your eyes and get a grip man. Weak officiating is killing this game by encouraging sides who have no interest in winning to reduce matches to an utter farce by merely seeing out time for an hour and a half. If that's the future of the game the Referees' Association may as well place signs outside all football grounds reading "Nothing to see here". In the meantime we could help ourselves a little by stationing ball boys at the four corners of the pitch to assist opposition keepers when they magically lose their ability to move any faster than snail's pace. Hemel may have got what they came for today but the only real point they made was how frustrating football can be when just one of the teams has sufficient passion and self-belief to strive for maximum points -- well done to the Tudors, you're as boring as the town from whence you came, now off with your heads.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  3. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

"Dolly stepping" what on earth is that?

MK

4. tony

tony Member

in the post match interview Dowse mentioned a couple of transfer deals had broken down so probably still looking to improve the squad. As for time wasting, all clubs are guilty from time to time but the answer is surely to add the time on at the end of each half. Was the 5 minutes we had yesterday enough compensation? Would be interesting if refs added 10 minutes from time to time then clearly no advantage would be gained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Yes I noted his comments, from what he said, it would appear he felt we still lack a bit of quality in the attack, so perhaps he wants another striker, which could have been one deal that broke down? It would not surprise me, if the other was for a keeper, as Manny appears to have been a late choice.

6. SteveM

SteveM Member

You never heard of dolly steps MK? You obviously have the world of Google at your disposal so why not do a search before clogging up the forum with needless posts, again?

7. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

That's all true but the real advantage teams like Hemel, Weston and others gain by their time wasting and injury feigning is not letting teams who play more flowing football get into their stride and score goals. More time added on would just mean more time wasting and injury feigning.

8. SteveM

SteveM Member

I'm not sure that is the answer Tony, because time added on at the end rarely compensates for having the wind taken out of your sails at key moments of the game. Surely the answer is to verbally warn the culprit at the first sniff of it and then card him if it persists, with the threat of a second if he doesn't cut it out entirely. Fans pay money and invest time in the game to be entertained, not left bored and frustrated, and if the trend doesn't end it will drive people away. Any thoughts on ball boys?

9. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Steve I did google that expression before posting two more points

i) no mention on our twitter feed about Tudors "blatant" time wasting?!
    ii) this afternoon's home ladies home game against Ashford town ladies moved to Hanworth Villains due to poor pitch quality at Beveree explaining the number of injuries witnessed yesterday afternoon

MK

10. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Mk, I was doing the Twitter feed and I prefer to post about the action. Why should I mention about time-wasting? That’s not what people want to know about. Plus we as a team have been accused of it as well, I feel it would be hypocritical of me to mention it.

11. cliffp

cliffp Member

I thought the pitch looked in pretty good condition and wouldn't have thought any of the injuries/substitutions could have been attributed to it? What did you see MK that I didn't?

12. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

If it was in pretty good condition why has ladies match this afternoon been moved to Hanworth villains ground

MK

13. tony

tony Member

The rules are there for officials and they will see it the way they see it. In the first half the ref ignored their No4 who was "injured" and let play continue until he got up and joined in the play again. Trying to call what is a genuine injury and what is not is almost impossible so players will exploit this. As Rob says we are not immune from using a bit of gamesmanship at times when it suits us.

14. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Tony exactly I did mention this earlier on this thread (1945 hours yesterday). In a recent home match a different referee didn't allow either physio on the pitch at all hmmmm?!

MK

15. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Was at the request of the club to save it. It was pretty soft and at this time of year, there’s not that much that can be done.

16. SteveM

SteveM Member

Well, if you googled it but couldn't find anything I think that tells us all we need to know.

17. SteveM

SteveM Member

I don't think it's that difficult a call to be honest, and if a player is "injured" close to the touchline he can go off to receive treatment. Any thoughts on using ball boys to cut down on time-wasting at corners? I don't think that we should repeatedly be made to wait as a goalkeeper extracts the urine by seeing how many dolly steps he can take to retrieve the ball.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  18. The chauffeur

The chauffeur Member

"You dont take chances when you want to win the League and win promotion. This is big business if we get promoted. Tv money etc. You only take chances on players in Micky Mouse football."

Somewhat surprised at the suggestion anyone, let alone Dowse, has taken a chance on a player. "Dodgy keeper that can't kick?" Manny did what was asked of him - ok, there was one rush of blood and a couple of dodgy kicks but to suggest the boss has taken a chance on him is off the mark. Lets not forget Sam was prone to firing a dodgy kick or two! The lad comes highly recommended and from Oxford United who have been fantastic for us this season.

19. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Yes, and at the end of the game there were loads of divots and gouges due to its softness and 23 blokes runnig around on it (thats 22 players and a referee). Perhaps MK would have liked Jason to have got up at dawn (8am) on Sunday morning to spend the next 6/7 hours replacing them - because that is how long it can take him to get the pitch back to playable condition again. BTW he is back on the pitch this morning cutting the grass etc.

Hampton mad likes this.
  20. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Not forgetting the two linos (or assistant referees as they are now known)

MK