New signings by the weekend...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Jun 14, 2017.

1. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan New Member

Got a feeling sam howes might come on loan

2. cliffp

cliffp Member

On loan from which club?

3. As he has left West Ham he needs to get fixed up before he can go on loan.
    Would be surprised if this happens this quick.
    The final signing today could be a keeper or perhaps a central defender?

4. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Well I certainly hope its a keeper. Never been keen on this idea of depending on loan keepers. Yes it would be amazing to have Sam Howes back but I'm sure he's got an agent who'll be pushing for trials at another full time club. However, if he decides to take the Lowe road (!) he might want to come and put himself in the shop window for a while. It would be fantastic to think it could happen but we're a long drop down from West Ham.

5. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

The next signing is Charlie Wassmer, yet another central defender. Spent last season out on loan from Maidenhead at Gosport and Kingstonian.
    Still need a keeper. Is that it for today? With all Rob's hype about saving the best till last I've lost track.

6. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

You know, there might be a reason for this paragraph....

Dowse brings in another defender to TW12 in the last of a weekend of player signings

7. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Yeah alright smart alec. I just couldnt remember if there was supposed to be another of last season's side re signing. Plus with all your hype about leaving the best till last I thought we might have been expecting Messi or something.

8. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Never said anything about saving best til last... :D

All of today's players have had experience at higher levels within the game, some with FL experience.

Dowse is now left to try and find a keeper who can do the job AND fit into the dressing room; he doesn't like any attitude in there or any primadonnas.

He'll do it I'm sure.

Now I'm off for a drink; it's too hot for this northern lad...

9. Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  10. Quite a lot to take in over the last few days. I like to look at the fans forums to get a impression of the player who they have watched regularly.
    Max seems to have been regarded as a good player but injury prone.
    Charlie failed to earn many plaudits from Ks but he was loaned into a struggling team.
    With all these players it will be best to give them our support and back Dowse's judgement.

11. From Rob's remarks it seems that the only outstanding position to fill is a keeper.
    With regards to Howes, the word is that he may join a Premier league team. They might be interested in lending him out , but his new manager may well want to assess him at close quarters before deciding what the best route is in his development.
    Dowse and the club may be very happy to have him on a season loan and the player likewise would not be adverse to returning, but the final decision rests at his new club.
    Knowing Dowse, he will be assessing the situation and drawing up a list of alternatives.