Potters Bar Town Home FA Cup

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Josh, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Member

Potters Bar of the Isthmian North come to us on Saturday in the FA Cup. We will be looking to progress here, however with many draws and few goals being scored, they could prove to be tough. They currently sit 5th in the league on 10 points with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss which was to AFC Hornchurch who have a 100% record. Knowing Dowse he normally plays a strong side in the cups, but could still see changes. Nonetheless we need to be at our best on Saturday in order to be on the wrong side of a cup upset.

2. Agree this will not be easy. May depend on what team Dowse can field given the availability of loan players, plus fitness issues. The number of players we can call upon is much less than a couple of weeks ago. We might struggle to fill the bench if unable to call on some of the loan players.

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Potters Bar have Billy Adcock, a forward who I'm pretty sure was on trial with us a couple of summers back. Looked like he had something back then but possibly not as a National League South player. Could be an interesting game and a win would be good for morale.

4. Josh

Josh Member

The name Adcock rings a bell.

5. Josh

Josh Member

They won 4-0 at Cheshunt today.

6. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Adcock make centrepin fishing reels.

7. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

After last season, am I the only one getting a bit worried...? Only difference is we're at home.

8. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

It all depends what sort of side we have out, ie whether loan players are allowed to play etc. If not, then who knows. They are clearly a side who have started the season well and I expect confidence and team spirit will be high.

9. I will join you Rob, as has been pointed out, it will depend on who can play as far as the loan players are concerned. It could be a game between two sides one high in confidence from its start, the other who feels it has underperformed so far. The difference in league status may be reduced consequently.
    It might be stating the obvious but what we need is a good start.
    Dowse has mentioned talking to several clubs and players, but nothing has happened to date. It might be that he is setting his sights too high, we do need to freshen up the team, but players capable of this are expensive, if available.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

i start, 1 sub at the very beginning of the 2014/15 season.

11. Josh

Josh Member

No Rob, you're not.

12. The recent article points out that it is the third anniversary of Dowse's appointment. We can look back and see how the club have progressed over this time and there have been some memorable matches and the good times have outweighed the bad.
    His appointment followed the bad cup exit at VCD, so let us hope that on Saturday we don't find history repeating itself! Dowse wants a cup run to the first round proper,we would all like that. It would boost the funds and considerably boost morale, but first things first, we need a win on Saturday.

13. ALLY ALLY ALLY O

ALLY ALLY ALLY O New Member

When you consider that a decent cup run is the only thing missing since Dowse took over, we can't really complain too much! But I agree, it really would be fantastic to get to the 1st round proper this season - not only because of the boost to the finances but it will really get our season going. 3 points at home vs Concord on the 23rd equally as important though.

14. Josh

Josh Member

Blackburn away anyone?

15. The chauffeur

The chauffeur Member

16. Reading the club article, it indicates that Dowse does not know the arrangements ref the loan players in regards to the cup match. I would think that when the loan was made that there was some indication as to the players availability. If there is greater uncertainty it is more likely over player's fitness and that might not be known until just before the match.
    Howes should be ok, as would be Malachi and probably Darling as their clubs are unlikely to be desperate to ensure they are not cup tied. As stated earlier would be surprised if Sutton agreed that Hudson -Odoi could play.

17. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

All
    Sounds a bit of a shambles to me not knowing which Loan players will be allowed to play in the Fa Cup. Sounds likeAnother Admin cock up. Whats going on.

18. tony

tony Member

It's not an admin cock up. We know perfectly well which loan players are able to play.It may be that we have asked for permission where it was originally withheld.

19. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

It Maybe. ! Thanks for that Tony.

20. Josh

Josh Member

When you back from Spain?