Squad News

Discussion in 'HRBFC News from the Web' started by HRBFC, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRBFC

HRBFC New Member

DOWSE paid an emotional farewell this week to Tom Jelley, one of the club’s stalwarts of recent times, as the full-back announced he was looking for regular football, probably at Isthmian Premier level.

“He’s been incredible for me,” said Dowse. “I just had to give him a hug after we’d spoken. He’s been incredibly loyal, helping to save us from relegation in my first season here and then sharing in our title win. I can’t speak too highly of him.

“He needs to play regularly and I can’t promise him that at present because we’re well served with defenders. I’ll do whatever I can to help him get a new club.”

Jelley was in the Ryman League team of the season when Hampton went up but has not been a regular choice in the National League South.

It has been a week of departures at The Beveree as Dowse has slimmed his squad after making one permanent signing and clinching three loan deals last week.

He has been in the unusual position of having to leave good players in the stand after selecting his match day 16.

Centre-back Claudiu Vilcu and winger Kyle Spence have gone to Kingstonian, while Sam Gallagher will be on a dual registration with Met Police.

Chinua Cole has also moved on after finding it difficult to claim a starting position.

All of the above means that Dowse will still be looking for an extra recruit or two, especially once the loans for Noel Mbo (Gillingham) and Malachi Napa (Oxford) come to an end on September 23. It is possible that at least one of the loans could be extended.

Updated 13:36 - 29 Aug 2017 by Rob Overfield

Ian jelley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.