Supporter memories book...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Ah yes The Bev fine and probably used most by post late 1990s supporters. I'd never heard it called that before then but that's fine but please never The Beveree but simply Beveree.

2. It is ever evolving but the football ground is named after the house that the football ground now stands in the old gardens of which Captain Christie lived in which was simply called Beveree.

P.S. Look what it says on my avatar which is a 1960s Hampton FC membership card. "Beveree". :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Does it necessarily have to be the first game your saw at 'The Bev' or can it be a game that you remember for some other reason?

4. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Sorry about the lack of feedback here...I should clarify that contributions can be about a first game you went to at Hampton but they don't have to be. I am interested in anything on why you decided to go to Hampton in the first place, what got you hooked, as well as any other games that stand out as highlights for you.
    I have had a few contributions now and all are really interesting. However, many more are needed!

5. Hope to drop in my modest contribution on Saturday.

6. tony

tony Member

Mine coming soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I think it's about time I gave an update on what I am compiling. It is now coming along well and I have received some great contributions, across all age ranges. However, I need more. I am really keen to have as many as possible, to truly show the variety of support we have as a club. Remember, it can be on anything to do with your support of Hampton really, but first or favourite games, reasons for coming, what keeps you coming and why you prefer Hampton over, say, Chelsea or Man Utd are particularly welcome!
    I am particularly keen to get contributions from the hardcore, i.e. those who stand behind the goal, sing, and generally make most of the noise. Please get writing guys, there are some talented people amongst you!
    Please send contributions to nicklevy@ntlworld.com or give me paper copies if you wish.
    Thanks

8. Some of the most 'hardcore' Hampton supporters never stood behind the goal and many didn't make a lot of noise. It won't be a very balanced view of the club and it's supporters if you just go down the route of including those who made the most noise. Oh and Gibbo could outshout anyone so should have a chapter to himself. :)

9. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

You are absolutely right but balance is what I am after and at the moment none of those guys behind the goal are represented at all. I myself am one of those who stand along the side and if all I had were contributions from those near me it would be equally unbalanced wouldn't it?
    How about writing something yourself Captain? All welcome and gratefully received!

10. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Think you might have to go and ask them to their faces... buy them a beer or something!

11. TangerineBeaver

TangerineBeaver New Member

Am far too new to have memories to write about and the user name tells you much about why I was drawn to ,er,The Bev .But as a sometime behind the goaler I would say they are a very friendly and esoteric bunch.As someone alluded to however,if you value your hearing don't approach Gibbo around 10 to 15 mins into a game.

12. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

So you don't particularly want articles about the first game that people came too.
    I've got a memory from an 'interesting' to say the least, away FA Cup tie with Hampton would you be interested in that?

About how long would you like the articles to be?

13. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Sounds perfect! And with your use of the word "interesting" I now can't wait to read it...
    I'd be very happy to get contribitions about the first Hampton game people went to but, just as equally, anything to do with aupporting the club really. First games, personal highlights, favourite games, fav players, different eras, observations etc.
    I think I will be able to weave pretty much anything into what has already been done so far. As regards length, I don't want to make it like a school essay and put people off so whatever you can come up with would be fine but anything around 1 to 2 pages of A4 would be great. Very happy to get more than that however.

14. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Just me being my usual pushy self...the book is up to about 25,000 words now, which means that with pictures added it is really coming along....
    But I still need more! If you have thought about doing something then please do so as I'd like to get a sample copy by the end of February. This means there are only about three weeks to get your contributions to me.
    Go on, join in!
    Thanks

Send to nicklevy@ntlworld.com

15. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Contribution sent