24 into 22 doesn't go..

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Les 1949, May 12, 2019.

1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

so nl south now has 24 teams in a 22 team league.
    Us, Bath, Billericay, Chelmsford, Chippenham, Concord, Dartford, Dulwich, Eastbourne, Gloucester, Hemel, Hungerford, Oxford, Slough, St Albans, Wealdstone, Welling plus+
    Aldershot, Braintree, Havant, Maidstone, pls
    Dorking, Tonbridge, Weymouth.

Any guesses who the FA will send north? Or who would you like to go north!

2. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

It will have to be Oxford and Gloucester!

3. It has happened a season too soon really with the increase to 24 a year away . Aldershot might get a reprieve depending on what is happening at Gateshead I think. Don't Gloucester have a choice given they have only just switched from the north to south or am I imagining that ?

4. Yeah, Gloucester can't be made to go. Likely to be Oxford and then maybe Stalbans or Hemel. Madness really.

5. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

If that is the case it could send Braintree North.

6. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Oxford and Gloucester are going in the North.

7. Josh

Josh Member

Oxford for definite. I thought it would be Gloucester, but apparently, they won't be asked to be moved as they have only been in NLS for 2 seasons.
    Meaning that it will likely be Braintree that joins Oxford.

8. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Is it Bye bye Braintree? If so it couldn't have happened to a nicer? bunch of fans. I'm not sure what all the 'Northern' teams/fans will think of the Braintree supporters (if any make trips up North). It will probably reinforce in their minds what they think 'typical Southern supporters' are like! Unfortunately!

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 9:33 AM
  9. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Haven’t seen anything yet to prove this about Gloucester; but we shall soon see.

10. cliffp

cliffp Member

I seem to recall that when Gloucester were moved from NLN to NLS for the 2017/18 season they were not happy with the move themselves and it was stated that they would not be moved back in any future geographic reorganisation for at least two seasons in order to ensure they did not keep going back and forth. That 2 year period is now up and unless their thinking has changed they could be quite happy to go back?

11. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Both Oxford City and Gloucester City have been allocated to the NL North, subject to any appeal by either club.

I expected that.

12. Agree. In the case of Oxford, I wonder if they might find some players might leave due to additional traveling involved?

13. Next season just two relegated and four promoted as the league will increase from 22 to 24 teams for the 2020/21 season.

14. Adam

Adam Member

I’d guess we’ll playing Dorking in the Christmas/New Years Derby games.

15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I'd guess at Wealdstone, Aldershot (if not reprieved) or Dorking for festive games.