Another day, another draw

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by PressTeam, Sep 12, 2017.

  1. PressTeam

    PressTeam Member

    Beavers are becoming the league's draw specialists, with their 6th draw this season, this time away at Gloucester City

    Bradley Hudson-Odoi's first goal for the Beavers rescued a point from their long trek across country, but they will be disappointed at conceding in the first place.

    The first half was a cagey affair with neither side making anything like a clear cut chance with both keepers being left to watch shots go wide or high as both teams struggled to turn the radar on.

    The hosts were clearly wanting to try and play it out from the back, but the Beavers were content to keep them in the middle third of the field, with the first shot on target being as late as the 38th minute, Kotwica finally giving Sam Howes something to do with an easy take.

    The half time break was much required as the game was descending into a bit of a stalemate, and clearly things needed to change.

    Early in the second half, Parker curls a neat little shot on target to the near post from wide but Howes was alert and grabbed it before it threatened the goal.

    Malachi Napa was finding a little bit of joy out wide from time to time, and on 53 minutes, his shot from the edge of the box ricocheted off Hadler and dribbled away before a Hampton player could follow up.

    Shortly afterwards, the Beavers went behind to a bit of a soft goal. Parker got on the end of Hanks' long ball from the back which went between the covering defenders and before Howes could get there, the striker cheekily lifted it over him and into the net.

    Gloucester were not ahead for long as two minutes later, Hudson-Odoi powerfully held off a challenge in the box after controlling the ball on his chest, his shot wrongfooting the keeper and rolling into the bottom corner.

    This livened up the Beavers and Hadler had to to make sure of catching Shaun McAuley's attempt from the edge of the box, which was curling towards the top corner.

    However, Hampton couldn't make anything of the pressure they generated towards the end, although they were looking the more likely to score as the hosts looked a bit tired in the last few minutes.

    Ryan Moss was nearly through on goal in added time, but he was pulled up for an offside flag and there couldn't have been much in it, to Gloucester's relief as they held on at the end.

    Let's block ads! (Why?)

Share This Page