1. Preview from Bath.
    http://www.bathcityfc.com/city-v-hampton-richmond-borough-match-preview-2/

We will go into the game in a better mood after the Oxford win. Gary said there are a few players with some injury issues. Let’s hope they are all cleared up for this game.
    Will be tough match as they are still looking to get into the playoffs. As mentioned on other threads we still need at least a couple of wins to ensure we avoid relegation.

2. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Going to be a very tough one this.
    I'll be happy with a point.

3. Whoryer

Whoryer Member

I think after Saturday's great win and our brilliant start to the season we will stay up now.I think Gloucester will go down they've got no ground,no money,a dreadful pitch and score hardly any goals.So hopefully our small village side will get at least another season playing against clubs from cities and towns with alot larger budgets than ours.Viva la Beaver

4. SteveM

SteveM Member

Nine points and a healthy goal difference above the drop zone? Yes please!

5. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Gloucester were indeed a pretty poor side but we certainly did our best to match them in both games. However, if we can repeat the form we showed (in the second half especially) on Saturday then we ought to be OK.

6. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Some of our younger fans are looking for lifts tomorrow if anyone has any seats spare? The trains are very expensive!

hrbfc__fan likes this.
  7. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Hampton's away record v Bath is quite decent, but Bath City are in the playoff places and on a good run at home this season, so a single point from a 4-4 draw?? would be quite a good one !!
    Also as Nick has said, Gloucester City are poor and in trouble on all fronts. Their fixtures are such that I reckon they will be lucky to make 40 ponts this season. They would be well advised to accept relegation to reduce their financial problems. If they manage stay in the Conference South, they will probably be transferred to the Conference North again, reason being that both Braintree and Maidstone are going to be relegated into our league for next season and possibly Aldershot and Havant & Waterlooville too. That's not going to help us next season eh Steve M.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  8. SteveM

SteveM Member

I couldn’t give a monkey’s who we play next season mate, as long as we’re in the same division. Your most recent posts in two other threads on this forum have been corrected by other users, including myself, so your opinion carries little weight with me to be honest — check your facts before posting next time.

Hampton mad likes this.
  9. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Anyone travelling to Bath. Traffic slow on M4 between Jun 9 and 11 Road works 50mph. Also link between M3 and M4 through Bracknell very slow Road works.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  10. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

What's the weather like down there?

It's been pouring with rain here all morning.

11. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Its been raining all morning. Cloud starting to break up and sun starting to appear now. Wrap up warm if your coming its bloody cold.

12. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

So no club car this time then HM? LOL!

MK

13. SteveM

SteveM Member

May want to check his rather helpful traffic warning earlier in the thread, lol

Hampton mad likes this.
  14. tony

tony Member

Lost 1-0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. SteveM

SteveM Member

Lost 1-0, but at least Oxford conceded late v Woking to also lose

16. SteveM

SteveM Member

WSM also lost, so as we were.

17. Having read the reports and listening to Gary’s comments we could have grabbed a point against a strong Bath team.
    This game also summed up one of the major problems this season, yet again, due to injuries three changes had to be made to a team that won their last game. We all know that settled sides are one of the major factors in successful teams.
    There are several players in the squad with poor injury records, we are putting players on the bench not fully fit and risking future selection problems. If this gets worse,once the transfer deadline has passed, we might struggle to field a competitive team.
    Other clubs are getting in players to ensure adequate/competent cover either on loan or contracted to the end of the season,should we do likewise?

18. SteveM

SteveM Member

Doubt there's much appetite for investment at this stage Shep, club seem happy to sail close to the wind.

19. You may be right Steve. Hope we retain our status, but next season there should be a radical change in getting players whose fitness records are ok.
    Too many current players who fail to play more than a few consecutive games before being back on the treatment table.