Beavers add three more to the squad as pre-season begins

Discussion in 'HRBFC News from the Web' started by HRBFC, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRBFC

HRBFC New Member

All three players played with Gary at Hendon last season and this continues the manager's theme of recruiting players he knows are willing to work hard to help the club achieve its goals this season.

Zak Joseph joins after a successful season for the Greens, notching 11 league goals and a further seven in cup competitions.

Joseph is a forward who can play anywhere across the front line and has previously turned out for Egham Town, Uxbridge, Burnham and North Greenford United.

In Tom Lovelock the Beavers have signed an experienced non-league goalkeeper who again was an integral part in the Greens' successful league campaign last season.

Lovelock played over 50 times for Hendon in all competitions last season but began his career with Leyton Orient before making over 70 appearances for Sutton United.

Finally, Rian Bray is the third to join from Gary's old club.

The 19-year-old 6ft 4 defender only joined the Greens from Milwall in July 2017 and was one of Hendon's key performers last season playing over 60 times in all competitions.

The young centre half had spells on loan at Leatherhead, Welling United and Bishop's Stortford while still at Milwall and Gary is convinced he has what it takes to make the step up to the Vanarama National League South.

McCann is delighted to have got the next three pieces of the puzzle in place as pre-season training kicked off on Saturday.

He said: "I'm delighted to add three new bodies to the squad. Zak Joseph was one of my most valuable players at Hendon last season. That wasn't just me thinking that either that was from the team and the rest of the management staff.

"We had a front four to be feared last season and Zak was a key factor in that!"

The boss was also waxing lyrical about his other two new signings.

"Tom Lovelock was, for me, the best goalkeeper in the division last season. He practically single handedly won us the Middlesex Cup. He is assured and safe and makes saves at crucial times as well as bringing experience at this level from his time at Sutton United and Bishop's Stortford.

"Rian improved massively as the season went on for us last year. The fact he played 63 games showed his importance to our success and I know he is massively looking forward to the challenges that present themselves in the league above."

On behalf of the club we would like to extend a warm welcome to the club to Zak, Tom and Rian and wish them the best of luck for the season ahead.

COME ON YOU BEAVERS!

HRBFC Summer signings so far:

Daniel Uchechi - Midfielder (Hendon)
    Jake Eggleton - Right back (Hendon)
    Casey Maclaren - Defender/Midfielder (Hendon)
    Nathan Mavilla - Left back (Leyton Orient)
    Michael Corcoran - Defensive Midfielder (Hendon)
    Ricky Wellard - Midfielder (Wealdstone)
    Oliver Sprague - Left back (Hendon)
    Josh Mcleod-Urquhart - Defender (Billericay)
    Shaun Lucien - Winger (St Albans)
    James Hammond - Right back (Hendon)
    Zak Joseph - Forward (Hendon)
    Tom Lovelock - Goalkeeper (Hendon)
    Rian Bray - Centre back (Hendon)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.