Chertsey away this evening.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Might have missed it, but do we need to get tickets in advance for this game?

2. tony

tony Member

Think it’s pay on the door

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Same arrangements should apply as for Beaconsfield.
    Provide details name, mobile telephone no on arrival.
    Probably have to pay by cash (that will be a change from using a card everywhere for the last few months!).
    Parking may be an issue. I will be parking on the main road.

4. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

I am in pay on the door. The Club Car is parked in the car park behind the goal.

5. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

This evenings starting XI is as follows: Trialist, Trialist, Uche, Wassmer, Farrell, D’sane, Cox, Donaldson, Trialist, Gray, Trialist

6. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Yes just had £10 bet A Trialist to score first goal.

7. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Trialist does indeed give Hampton the lead, set up by a trialist.

8. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

2-0 A trialist scores, don't know if it is the same one.

9. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

3-0 Gray.

10. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Half time changes
    Deadfield > Gray
    Inman > Wassmer
    Trialist > Trialist

11. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

12. tony

tony Member

A comfortable win again against lower league opposition. Two very impressive early goals from Trialist #2 who is very similar to Danilo in many ways. Apart from that we didn’t learn too much new as there was no real pattern of play established. Individually we were a bit too strong for them although they played decent football at times and might have got a couple of goals if they had better finishers.

13. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

As Tony says above, a good display and result albeit against a limited opposition. However, you still have to prove your seniority, and we did so easily.

14. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Start The Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.

15. davc

davc Member

I thought Chertsey were decent and matched Hampton for long periods and had some good chances..Definitely looking a strong squad and the manager has some difficult choices. I think the right back trialist played very well as did the two trialist strikers one of whom scored two good goals. Their movement and desire was impressive. Not really the same for Niko when he came on. Am surprised Smith wasn't tried in midfield as an anchorman as i'm not sure Cox is physically imposing enough as a ball winner. Creativity is good though with Gray and deadfield . I sense there might be some surprises in the starting eleven when the season starts.

16. tony

tony Member

Smith has been played three times at centre back which does seem odd given we seem well covered for that position. At some point soon some of the current squad will need to be released to give them a chance of finding other clubs- we can’t keep all of them. I am sure we all have our views of who may miss the cut but personally I would like to see how certain trialists play against higher opposition.

17. In his Twitter interview, Gary seemed to refer to our two-goal triallist as "Naiz". trying to work out who that is.

18. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Can't remember his name (and I'm guessing its a secret) but if it's the player I'm thinking of he's scored a lot of goals for a smaller club beginning with B just off the M3 near Wokingham...

19. tony

tony Member

You need to look back on previous threads where his name was revealed. He is however supposed to be “secret.”

20. OK, thanks. A touch of the Hercule Poirots for me, then. But my lips will remain sealed.