Concord and playoffs

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Apparently Concord can't take part in the playoffs as their ground isn't up to scratch. What a waste of player budget money!

2. SteveM

SteveM Member

Hope it’s not terminal, or they could be in for a rapid descent and crash landing.

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Probably time for some plane speaking in their boardroom.

4. SteveM

SteveM Member

Does this mean that the playoff spots will now go down to eighth, or that 4th gets a bye to the semis?

5. SteveM

SteveM Member

They’ll have to go into a holding pattern and come around again after this turbulence

6. tony

tony Member

I think the rules are that one team will be given a bye. You have to wonder what they were thinking spending more money on players when they knew they couldn’t get promotion. I wonder if they told the manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. tony

tony Member

Sorry should have said that it would be a fly bye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveM likes this.
  8. In the light of this, I wonder if he will ‘bale out’ and look for another plane with better seating.

9. I would have thought one play off (5th v 6th) to determine who joins 2nd,3rd & 4th and proceed normally (old way) from there

10. SteveM

SteveM Member

So W**king should know their semi-final opponents after this weekend's games?

11. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

4th gets a bye

12. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

One could also say..beach boys.....beached!

13. Not many ‘Good Vibrations ‘ down Canvey way.

14. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Very good Les and Shep, brings back a few memories, had a room mate who was a Beach Boys fan !!!