Draw for 1st round proper

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Tiberius Anacrites, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Adam

Adam Member

I know there will be talk of wouldn’t it be great if we played Sunderland, Portsmouth etc...
    Unless it’s at home and on TV I don’t see any advantage.

Personally I’d like us to be at home to a lower team and try and make the 2nd round for the first time ever. Although not being able to watch an historic 2nd round game would be gutting!

2. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Someone like Southend at home would surely interest the tv companies, and be a chance to progress to the second round.

3. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

It's Oldham at home..... again.

4. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Hold it TW3. we struggled to get through those three rounds!!!

MK

5. Josh

Josh Member

What are the odds of us playing the same teams in the same round twice in 3 years! Hornchurch 3QR and Oldham 1st round proper!

TW3Beaver likes this.
  6. Very long . Blackpool played Altrincham at home two years running in the min 1980's and lost each time . I was there for both and have never fully recovered from the trauma

GRTourist likes this.
  7. SteveM

SteveM Member

Get it on the box... again (BBC this time, maybe?)

8. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Lose to Oldham again no bonus prize money! How crazy is that?!

Also irrespective of what step you are in the league pyramid ALL first round proper matches to be held behind closed doors!!!

MK

9. SteveM

SteveM Member

Ever the optimist, eh MK? Can I top up that half-empty glass for you and suggest we might not lose?

10. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Two years we got a fair bundle despite losing to Oldham. That included the bonus for losing in the first round

I also note losing semifinalists and finalists in this season's competition receive bumper payments

MK

11. Adam

Adam Member

12. SteveM

SteveM Member

There you go Mucky, told you not to worry

13. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

I'd rather you say not to worry rather than Ben Shepherd in the tipping point.

Talking about Ben any one remember him playing at Beveree for a Ray Winstone X1 or am I the only one???

MK

14. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Nope, I remember that and was there too.

15. SteveM

SteveM Member

Ben Shepherd v Ray Winstone? Only one winner in that contest! Turning to matters slightly more relevant for a second, do we know when the broadcasters are scheduled to decide which games they plan to air? I’m guessing the Wigan-Chorley game will be among them, but our match must have at least an outside chance of getting some TV time as a potential giant-killing. Either way, is the club looking at the possibility of putting on a socially distanced live open-air event somewhere within the local vicinity? Difficult logistically, granted, but surely not impossible and might be able to make a few bob on entry fees/refreshments. Would be a shame for us not to be able to come together in some form other than virtual to watch what could turn out to be the biggest night in our history, but understand it’d take a bit of work to pull it off.

16. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Tv schedule is supposed to be announced today

17. Adam

Adam Member

Looks like we have been moved to 12:45 on Sunday 8th BBc final score programme/red button

18. Adam

Adam Member

19. Adam

Adam Member