Dulwich at home on Saturday.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Jan 11, 2019.

1. A look at the league table will show how important this game is to both clubs.
    Dulwich have put five players on the transfer list as they feel they are perhaps not what they require at CS level, despite some of them having given valuable service over some years at a Isthmian Premier level. They have brought in three players as Gavin Rose refreshes his squad to ensure they avoid immediate relegation. One of theses new players from Colchester on loan marked his debut with two goals midweek.
    As for us, we have seen further departures this week and has been pointed out elsewhere, we are looking a little short of players in certain areas, but I am sure Gary is more than aware of this and is looking to remedy it.
    A win is vital for both sides , if we continue to lose the relegation trap door starts to open wider.
    I hope history does not repeat itself when Dev left and Harper took over and what had happened in his first season.

2. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I remember that season with a shudder. Baffling decisions were made like playing Inman up front when we had a striker on the bench. Bizarre. You are relegated on the strength of what has happened over the whole season but weird decisions like that didn't help.
    I think Gary has the experience and common sense not to do stuff like that. However, staying away from that trapdoor is essential.

3. tony

tony Member

We’ve signed two lads on loan from Barnet. A midfielder and a winger..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. davc

davc Member

With Reece M-W gone and Joesph injured we only have Dundas and Joseph in the squad who can get a goal. We need more of a goal threat from somewhere.

5. Think you mean Dickson as a goal threat.

6. davc

davc Member

Yeah meant in addition to Dickson !!!

7. SteveM

SteveM Member

Kyei looks the most promising -- aged 20 with 20 first-team appearances on either flank, most recently on loan at Concorde. Syla is only 18, just signed full terms for this season and has been on loan at Kings Langley — not really a Connors replacement, if that’s what he’s supposed to be. If we're playing kids this young I really don't get why we're not using Dylan to increase our goal threat (from near enough zero). Their Colchester loanee’s flying start sounds ominous — did Les give clearance for us to park the bus yet? Need at least a draw or our situation is beginning to look quite worrying.
    If we don’t take points from this game and get beat next weekend away to Hemel, who are just above us in the table, the matches against Gloucester and East Thurrock in consecutive weeks at the end of next month are looking like must-wins to avoid being drawn into the relegation scrap, as there would not appear to be many points to be had between then and the end of the season, unless drastic changes are made in the meantime.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. Steve M you are just expressing an increasing concern on this forum.

9. Even more of a reason why we need to all get right behind Gary and the team tomorrow. For sure it's a must win game, but I can imagine there's nothing worse for a manager or a player when the fans start losing faith. I actually think we'll bounce back vs Dulwich - the stage is set for Dicko to return to the form he showed us at the beginning of the season.

10. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Agreed. Lets all congregate between the tunnel and Simpson Stand from 2.45pm tomorrow and make some noise. Dulwich will bring loads of fans so we need to make sure the lads can hear us as they come onto the pitch. Nothing more demoralising than walking out to away fans outsinging us...

11. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Also... just to say well done and thank you to whoever made the decision to play a bit of music prior to kick off the last few games... it really does make a big difference to the pre-match atmosphere!

Lord Elpus likes this.
  12. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

That's down to David Rees - has a brand new pa system to play with!

13. SteveM

SteveM Member

Not so much a must-win as a must-not-lose

14. SteveM

SteveM Member

Just telling it like it is Shep

15. Brit

Brit Member

Hampton 2-0 after 12 minutes - that's the way to go

16. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

2-0 at half time. Much better!

17. tony

tony Member

First 15 mins we were excellent with two well taken goals from Wichelow and Dickson. But then we reverted to type, defending too deep and unable to hold onto the ball as Dulwich got on top. We managed to survive a couple of close calls with last ditch defending and that was pretty much the pattern for the rest of the game. Kyei looked ok but the other Barnet lad looked a bit out of his depth. We still desperately need someone who can get a grip of midfield and play a few decent passes. We battled hard but no corner turned in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Good to get another win chalked up at last. But Dulwich were a strange side who looked equally OK going forward and ponderous at the back. We never looked particularly safe at 2-0 but a win is indeed a win. Hope it helps confidence generally.