Eastleigh Home

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Hampton mad, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

This alone could make the season a complete non-starter. Other local authorities may well have similar views to ours, although in some ways I'd have more faith in the local authority to make a competent decision...

2. tony

tony Member

Without wishing to sound too gloomy, I do wonder what contingency the NL has if spectators are not allowed back into grounds on 3 October. With the way the covid second spike is going I can't see things being any better in say a further month's time and surely the clubs will not want to start a season with no gate income. Perhaps could push the season back a few weeks and extend at the back end but how do you keep players engaged? Pre season friendlies cost money to put on and with Step 3 and below soon underway there are only so many teams who we can have a friendly with to keep us ticking over.

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Been doing a little bit of research this lunchtime. It seems pretty clear that different local authorities could well have slightly different rules about allowing crowds under Covid, or at least how to interpret what rules there are. I do wonder unfortunately if this could make the season completely unworkable. Think about it...if we, and maybe some others, are unable to host a crowd whereas others can, the league will be meaningless, as all it will show is who can afford to pay players!
    It's a mess basically isn't it?

4. tony

tony Member

This is why the NL need to agree the position for all clubs. Some clubs simply won’t be able to continue without gate income so we can’t have teams dropping out of the league half way through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

You would hope clubs must have had something about "players starting to be paid when the season starts" written into contracts...

6. tony

tony Member

I think most will do but others are already getting paid. The issue is of course being asked to start a season and have no visibility on when gate income will start. You are almost guaranteeing your own financial collapse and directors should not be made to take that risk by the NL.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. If the spectator issue becomes a Council decision, I wonder what their attitude would be to attendance numbers at a rugby game say at the Stoop?

Mucky knees likes this.
  8. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I wonder if the rules are different for rugby. Don't think this government have any concept of non-league football.

9. tony

tony Member

As I understand it we need a new Covid certificate from the council and that will be the key document when it comes to permitted numbers. Even if the DCMS comes up with a formula the council will be body issuing the safety certificate.

10. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Spot on, Tony. With no permitted numbers allowed in the stadium there can't even be a crowd allowed in for our Under 18 midweek games.

11. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Play their games at Hanworth Villa

MK

12. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Not really the point though is it, we need the certificate to have ANY 1st team games at home...

13. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

I am pretty sure I've seen one of our academy teams play in the field next to HV's main ground

MK