Ex Beaver on BBC 2

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Les 1949, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Craig Ross starring for Macclesfield against Oxford Utd in the F A Cup

2. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Don't remember him, how many matches did he play for us?

MK

3. cliffp

cliffp Member

He played in the Mark Harper era when unfortunately we struggled in the Conf south last time around and eventually were narrowly relegated.

I always thought Craig was decent for us and if memory serves he left us to join Cambridge when we'd gone down.

4. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Craig Ross Goalkeeper. I remember him. We signed him from Carshalton 2011/2012 season. Harper and Number 2 Thank god we got rid of them 2 clowns we would have been in the Spartan league now if they had stayed.

5. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Your memory is correct, Cliff. He was a good keeper for us, was a shame we couldn't hold onto him after relegation.

Thought you remembered everyone who ever played for us, MK... :D

6. The Bishop

The Bishop Member

He was rubbish, cost us a host of points, Bromley at home and Truro away come immediately to mind, in the former game he managed to kick the ball out on the full from his hands seven times in a row! If Rodney had kept goal we would have stayed up, remember how brilliant he was the following season when Ross left us just before the start.

Hampton reject covers it, go back and look at my posts at the time . .. ...

Hampton mad likes this.
  7. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Given as how he's been consistently playing at a much higher level than the Beavers in the last 3 years, suggests your opinion is not shared by many others.

8. Jamie

Jamie Member

And Martin Buglione played in the Scottish Premier League, but I will happily say anyone at that level who thought he was good enough needs to be locked up in a padded room!

9. chipmunx

chipmunx New Member

Moussa Diarra featured in the Barrow side that knocked out Bristol Rovers on Sunday - a match that featured heavily in the coverage and a result considered best of the round by the BBC panel on Sunday. One of the people in the crowd watching him in particular was a Premier League scout - although at this stage i can't tell you which team he scouts for.

10. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Talking of ex-Beavers, Guiseppe Sole (is he ex or loaned out?) has today just scored twice for Dorking Wanderers, [so they go top of Ryman South]. He's scored once before too. Guiseppe was top scorer at Leatherhead (6) when he left, so he's scored 9 goals in 7 games in the current season, even though not settled in one team. Not a bad strike rate! Is he still registered with us and if so and Manny has left could he return in the New Year? If not then Dorking have a bargain striker to help them win promotion to the Ryman premier for the first time.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. cliffp

cliffp Member

If I'm not mistaken 2 of his 3 have been penalty's?

Having said that it would have been interesting to see him involved with our first team squad to see what he could offer. Clearly has a very good pedigree. I guess dowse would have reasons for not involving him thus far. No idea if he could play a part going forward, it's not clear from the reports if he is still registered with us or not?

12. Must admit am a little perplexed by the Sole situation as mentioned in this and other postings. He has not be used by Dowse considering his record. Perhaps there are factors we are not privy to?