FA Cup 4th qual. draw

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by TW2-Beaver, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM.

1. I assume Gillsley and Sully Hill Moors are new phoenix teams in the north.....

2. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Tonn-bridge instead of Tonne-bridge as well.

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

It just astonishes me where they get these presenters from. There are literally thousands of kids on Media courses who would all do a better job than those clowns.

Guingamptonian likes this.
  4. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Complete lack of professionalism shown. Or, probably, couldn't be bothered to carry out proper research. Now I know why I don't listen to TalkSport.

5. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

That's one good thing about being mutton. I don't have to listen to those eejits!

MK

Guingamptonian and RogerSW like this.
  6. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Can't go to them either.

7. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Feel sorry for Cambridge City having to go to Darlington.

8. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

So what TW3 we went to Gateshead!

MK

9. Adrian Mann

Adrian Mann Member

You are not comparing like with like. Our trip to Gateshead was in the Second Round Proper of the FA Trophy when the draw was national. The draw for the Fourth Qualifying Round of the FA Cup this year was split into North and South sections.

Josh, GRTourist and Hampton mad like this.
  10. Yer but look at the travel expenses they will be able to claim back!!!!

11. SteveM

SteveM Member

Winnable tie for us, so let’s do it properly and get through to the first round with the possibility we might get a plum draw (home against Ipswich would be nice) and the prospect of some TV money, which’d come in even more handy this season than any others. Not to mention the extra prize money.

12. tony

tony Member

Hemel are struggling in the league with a side largely recruited from Step 4. They have installed an artificial pitch for this season and I guess there isn’t much left financially for the team on the pitch. Guess we are marginal favourites but do need to show an improvement on a patchy start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. A good time to overcome the jinx that Hemel have seemed to have over us since they joined the NLS. Have we beaten them in the last four years?

SteveM likes this.
  14. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

19/20 H 1-2
    18/19 H 1-2 A 1-1
    17/18 H 0-0 A 0-1
    16/17 H 3-3 A 0-1
    That'll be a no, then:cool:

RogerSW and SteveM like this.
  15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Really is time to overcome that, had no idea our record against them was that grim.

SteveM likes this.
  16. The new pitch was only laid 2 or 3 weeks ago so I doubt if Hemel have had much practice on it. It didn't help them on Maidstone's plastic. And don't we use artificial pitches in training from time to time?

17. tony

tony Member

They lost 4-1 at home to Eastbourne in their only home league match this season.

Guingamptonian likes this.
  18. I expect a difficult tie, to date we have not got into the level of form we are all hoping for, agree it is early days as the team settles in.
    It might be that depend on who is fit, for this type of game I wonder if we should have two wide midfield players instead of three playing through the middle and allow the wingbacks more scope?

19. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Our Players train at bedfont sports on their artificial pitch, regularly.