1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Our F A Cup match at Hemel Hempstead Town will be our 140th game in the competition.

The odd thing is that we will have played 70 at home and 70 away, weird or what?

RogerSW and Big Rich like this.
  2. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Not really Les, that would be the single most likely outcome based on a 50/50 chance of being home or away every game

GRTourist and Hampton mad like this.
  3. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Very good Big Rich. Hope you have not spent all day working that out
    And you have cleaned The Club Car. As we need it for the friendly on Saturday.

Big Rich likes this.
  4. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

What friendly?

MK

5. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Yes I took it down the Walton Bridge hand car wash.

Hampton mad likes this.
  6. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

140 games includes replays, not just the original draw, so it is somewhat odd:cool:.1-0 to me!

Hampton mad likes this.
  7. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Ah yes, but replays - by definition - are always the reverse of the original fixture and so this helps tend towards the 50/50 figure.

I had a lot of time to think about this whilst the club car was being cleaned.

1-1?

Hampton mad and Guingamptonian like this.
  8. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Extra Time being played.
    Original draws ; 62 home, 55 Away. 2-1 methinks!:cool:

Big Rich and Hampton mad like this.
  9. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

So we have drawn more away ties than home ties. Nonetheless in the long run everything about the system - random home and away drawing of teams, replays at the original away team’s ground - tends towards the balance being 50/50!! I remain unsurprised!

Les 1949 and Hampton mad like this.
  10. Adam

Adam Member

But this includes qualifying. When it comes to the competition proper. We’ve played 66.6% of the games at Home!

Les 1949 likes this.
  11. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Well i hope its really gleaming for this Friendly game. And we have special reserved parking at there ground.

Big Rich likes this.
  12. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

It is. It took them ages, but it gave me time to consider Les’s statistical quandary. I gave it an extra buff up with some Autoglym back at Beveree.

Where are we going on Saturday by the way? Needham Market? I better fill up another Jerry can with 2 star.

13. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

No not Needham Market big Rich they are at home to Bromsgrove sporting. We are off deep into Surrey tomorrow for a friendly behind closed doors.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 11:07 PM
  14. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Come to Chalky Lane instead HM

MK