lewis gallifent...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Les 1949, May 19, 2019.

1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

......sub keeper on the bench for Chertsy Town (HRBFC Academy) at Wembley.

2. Chertsey won 3-1. Congratulations.

3. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Nice to see Chertsey Town being successful in both the FA Vase Final and ALSO on their way back into the Isthmian / Bostick league after winning the Combined Counties Championship. I Saw a couple of their matches at their Alwyns Lane ground this year a 'proper' type of non-league ground and grassy pitch (not a 3/4G pitch like Walton Casuals and Dorking Wanderers have). To win the FA Vase was absolutely amazing, considering that they had to make the non-league equivalent of 'trips to Bacu'. They had visit and win at Northwich Victoria (188mls) and West Aukland Town (266mls) My 'Walton walking football pal Barry kept us all informed of their progress. Luckily they also had to play St.Austell Town but at home, I watched this one and they had the advantage of playing the striker son of a famous Bulgarian International (Lubomir Guentchev). Praps Gary could have a look at him for next season. He's an old fashioned type of physically strong centre forward, he frightens defenders and 'runs through' them if they don't move out of the way.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. That'll be Boncho the famous Dad . Played for Hendon I note