McCann's 12th Man...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Just seen this initiative announced. No doubt needed in these difficult times. Out of interest, does any of the already existing 200 Club scheme go towards players?

2. tony

tony Member

Not directly but goes into general funds of the club so makes a contribution to the overall budget. Whilst these 12th man schemes are very widespread across non league, you have to view them as just another source of funding for the club. Whilst they can be directed to pay for additional player wages, it doesn’t mean that the player budget can’t be cut elsewhere.

3. My take on this.
    This scheme effectively replaces the ‘boost the budget’ one ran by the Trust the difference being in the draw prizes (ie no cash prizes). I think both these funds were/are designed to go into the managers playing budget.
    The 200 club run by Rob is run by the club to attract additional funds with again cash prizes. These monies go into the general funds?
    If I am wrong no doubt someone will be able to correct me.

4. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Goes into club funds as a donation

5. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

I believe that 12th man will replace beat the budget. Robbie is retiring from active duty and is handing over the 200 club to the trust, as far as I know.

6. From his interview today it seems that Gary has 2-3 players training he wants to sign, but would like to know that his scheme has got some additional takers first.
    He indicated a keeper is one position that we should know about soon. In addition, these other couple of potential signings might be what is required for a successful season.
    Hopefully fuller details should be available soon to allow supporters to make their decisions.

7. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Robbie's not on the internet but I spoke to him on the phone earlier...he is standing down from traffic duty, so it's true that he is standing down from that, but he told me he isn't yet handing the 200 Club over to the Trust. I think there might be some communication needed here...

Hampton mad likes this.
  8. tony

tony Member

Understand that Robbie has some issues to cover but none that seem in any way difficult so should see some progress soon.

9. Whoryer

Whoryer Member

Hints of possible 2 new signings on twitter.Player 1 must be Nico Muir,but can't guess who player 2 is.

10. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Player 1- Niko Muir
    Player 2- Rene Steer

11. tony

tony Member

Two big signings for the Beavers if confirmed. The squad is looking very strong. Do we really need a keeper?

12. davc

davc Member

I would have thought left back is an area where we are well resourced? Farrell was excellent last season and Donaldson provides cover. Muir would be a great signing

13. Think this point has already been covered elsewhere. There are several versatile utility players in the squad.
    It will be up to Gary to sort, he would not have looked for a left back without a plan in mind. Let’s see how the squad shapes up over the next few weeks.

14. He might be considering a back three with Farrell or Steer (if it is him) as a left sided CB. We did start with that formation last season. Obviously it didn't work very well, but I'm satisfied that the players we have now would be able to cope with either a back 3 or a back 4 system.

Still keen to know what we are doing about the keeper though. I know Gary said it is sorted but I'd like to know who it is.

15. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyron_Farrell
    As you see Kyron has been listed as a midfielder and perhaps he wants to be utilized in a position he feels more confident in. The squad currently looks a little light in central defensive midfield and right back, no doubt Gary is trying to cover all possible eventualities.
    From what he said, Gary has a plan to fill the keeper position.

16. tony

tony Member

I think we are equally well-covered at right back: Cox, Miller- Rodney and Ruddick can all play there. Personally not a fan of back threes at our level so hope we don't go down that route.

I think the keeper is sorted barring any last minute changes of heart.

17. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Alan Julien Im 99% sure is the new keeper

18. Regarding Tony’s points.
    It might well be down to personal preference, but all three would not be my ideal choice at right back/ wing back for varying reasons.
    Would agree about the back three format, especially at our level, and from what I read, the keeper should be sorted.