McCann's 12th Man...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Aug 14, 2020.

1. I note that these two latest signings have been attributed in part to the new scheme which is a credit to all concerned, especially considering how long it has been running.
    I noted that a similar scheme has been run over the last couple of years at Hendon and they raised £25k per season. It would be great if we could match this sort of figure.
    Out of interest how many takers of our scheme thus far?

2. tony

tony Member

The scheme costs £250 per annum which means the Hendon scheme had equivalent 100 participants if based on the same principle. I find it hard to think we could get anywhere near that number. The Trust Lottery was raising around £3000 pa at best with around 20-30 takers.

A player on £200pw will cost the club around £9,000 a year including employer NI. Top players will be closer to £300pw so the 12th man scheme will do extremely well to pay the salary of even one player. I hope the club can attract a good number of new investors but the maths looks pretty tough.

3. Can’t fault your maths Tony!
    Perhaps Hendon had a couple of larger contributors to reach their reported target?
    We might get some more details from our club in the next week or so. From what I read, they are still sorting bank account information.

4. Another article on the fund has just gone the club’s website. Have I missed it when we will get details as to where we send our money?

5. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

No, you haven't missed anything. Not sure why it is taking so long to sort out an account so that we can set up a direct debit.

6. Thanks Les. Will await details.

7. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

I think Christian Smith will be announced in the next couple days meaning the 12th man is successful

8. From reading comments on this forum one factor appears to be the need for a physical presence in midfield to shield the defensive unit. He has the experience, height to fulfill this role. He will be 33 in December.
    Glad the scheme is paying dividends, from Gary’s comments there might be further additions?

9. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

If I was a betting man I’d say Christian Smith, Julian and then either Bassett or Minhas sings

10. tony

tony Member

Presumably as part of their initiation?

11. Very good Tony, wonder how many others picked up the point or tune?

12. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Surely you mean signs?

MK

13. tony

tony Member

Bad spelling is a sing of the times I'm afraid

14. Seb White

Seb White Member

Just on this I was trying to arrange an online payment system to help manage the logistics of it all better this end BUT it looks like we’ll end up going down the route of just asking people to set up a standing order. Not though lack of trying or desire to get sorted I can assure you

GRTourist likes this.
  15. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

;)

16. tony

tony Member

Smith is another very experienced signing. Would like to see him in midfield at Beaconsfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Ben Jefford who was linked with us earlier this closed season before Steer was signed has joined Hemel.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  18. Seb White

Seb White Member

Everyone who has previously emailed media@hamptonfc.net should now have an email with all the details. Please let me know if you've not received anything.

GRTourist likes this.