Middlesex Charity Cup v Southall

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Les 1949, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Will now take place at Beveree on Tuesday 20th February, 7,45pm.

The fixture has been reversed as Southall play out of County are not allowed to play on their Burnham ground.

Reduced admission prices apply ; Adults £5, Concessions £3, U5s Free

2. Dowse has a selection choice for this, does he play some fringe players with some of the younger players or go for a full strength team to further integrate the recent signings?
    Any thoughts?

3. SteveM

SteveM Member

Only what I said in the "Chippenham away" thread Shep, full strength to integrate new signings, verbatim

4. I read that Sam Long has extended his loan for another month.

5. Is any pitch inspection planned for tonight’s game?
    Think most of us would rather see the pitch ok for the two upcoming league matches in the next seven days.

6. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

2.0 up Finished 2.2. Won 4.1 on pens. Start the Club car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.

7. Listening to his interview Dowse did not seem that pleased with the fringe players performances. He did not feel any pressed their claim for a starting spot . He alluded to perhaps looking at bringing in some players to strengthen the squad. Might be a interesting couple of days!

8. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Well I have to agree to disagree with Dowse over this matter. Southall played out of their skins

MK

9. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

I have looked at the league table that Southall play in and their blazing away at the top 62 points out of a possible total of 66 (94%)...

MK

10. tony

tony Member

Maybe sign some of their players?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hampton mad likes this.
  11. I would be surprised if that happened. Whilst as a team, they played out of their skin on Tuesday, to get individual players to step up to our level immediately and consistently may be a tough ask.
    Dowse has gone for loans this season but we are at full allocation, Taylor may well return, but that still leaves five, two on long term. We can only field 5 at a given time. Unless a loan is turned into a permanent deal and looking at each individual players situations, I don’t see much room for changes.
    A permanent signing at the required standard is not easy, unless there are teams wishing to cut their budget and let players coming to the end of their contract go early.
    May get news, if any, soon?

12. From Dowse interview Jelley training with us plus a forward who has played for us already this season . Got a good idea, but wait for official announcement!

13. Do you think someone should check to see if Dowse is still locked in his room with the player!!??

14. tony

tony Member

Let's hope it's not Marvin Morgan!

15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I wondered that. He is a free agent. I was hoping for someone like Hudson-Odei or Coombes. Even someone like Culley could do a decent job and he has scored a few goals albeit sporadically for Hayes and Yeading.

16. tony

tony Member

I am hoping/guessing one of the Sutton lads.

17. Agree Tony, both Coombes and Hudson-Odoi were on the bench at Torquay earlier this week. Coombes came on, as he often does. Think both are out of contract in the summer.
    With Jeffers here, Hudson - Odoi looks the more likely at this stage of the season.

18. Taylor has returned to Sutton following the expiring of his loan. As has happened before, Sutton have a surplus of strikers, so they may release one to us.

19. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Better check the website at 2 then....:D

20. tony

tony Member

It's a welcome back to Bradley H-O as a permanent signing. Another good move by the club.

Hampton mad likes this.