1. Some things...

First of all, well done to all at the club who have been working behind the scenes readying the ground for next Monday, getting tickets sold and a million other jobs we won't know about.

Secondly, I'm well aware we are underdogs but I'm really hoping/expecting a performance on Monday. It's more than clear that apart from about 20 minutes agains Eastbourne and 40 against Oxford that we've been SHITE since this game was announced. Well boys, here's your opportunity to show why your heads have been turned.

You'll have a massive support behind you and you get a chance at being absolute heroes (or getting a draw and being financial heroes)

See you Monday!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Really couldn't have put it better than that! A home FA Cup game against a struggling League 2 side, whose manager is under pressure. Let's cause a shock and make people take notice.
    Yes, fitness will be a factor, but lets make The Bev an unwelcoming place for once.
    Remember...anything can happen. Especially if we contain them like we did Eastleigh.

3. It was always going to be a tough ask and it has been made more difficult due to our recent poor form. Still it is the FA Cup, and shock results are all part of its fokelore.
    If the team put in as much effort and dedication as has been demonstrated by the volunteers and off field staff, then we have a chance.
    Gary has some difficult decisions as to team selection, for some players their recent form might put them into the ‘last chance saloon’ if they don’t perform on Monday.
    Players will want to play, but Gary will want assurance from his medical team that everyone is fit enough. Not sure if Jack Connors is available to play.

SteveM likes this.
  4. SteveM

SteveM Member

Is Jack cup-tied?

5. Not in their lineup for the game v Concord which was their entry into the competition.

SteveM likes this.
  6. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I accept I might not be the target market but I understand we might be buying in loads of Hampton and Oldham half and half scarves...seriously? Does anyone ever actually buy these things?

7. SteveM

SteveM Member

Hahaha, I'll have one

8. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

If some were printed that said " show me the right way to Oldham" I might consider it...

SteveM likes this.
  9. SteveM

SteveM Member

Saucy

10. James Dean

James Dean Member

We’ve ordered 100 and they’ll be on sale from the club shop on the night. I’m hearing a cost of £10.

It’s great to see the club trying new things and I suspect they’ll all sell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Shame the Oldham supporters wont be able to buy some.

12. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Half and Half scarves gives fans a momento - not my kind of thing though, maybe cos' I'm an old crustacean!

13. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Memento Les LOL!!!

MK

14. "Just one Momento, give it to me "......actually don't, not my thing at all but I'm not the target market either (and if anyone gets the advert reference neither are you) . Hope they make the club a few quid

15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Certainly hope they do all go because they'll be pretty hard to shift afterwards...

16. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Anyone seen any of tonight's press conference on youtube? Very professional looking I thought. Good to see Gary and Dicko looking relaxed and relishing the chance to cause a shock.

ALLY ALLY ALLY O and James Dean like this.
  17. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Would have looked far more professional if they wore HRBFC branded gear. Shouldn't be wearing those horrible Jako/Vanarama sky blue tops for cup games IMO. We only have to wear them for league games, Jako aren't paying us to wear them. I hope they wear their Hampton stuff on the bench/for the warm up.

Yes, good to see them looking relaxed about the fixture and I genuinely believe we will give Oldham a game.

ALLY ALLY ALLY O likes this.
  18. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Know what you mean about the Vanarama stuff but I meant more about their manner, which was calm, assurred, realistic but hopeful. Exactly how we should all feel going into Monday night!

19. Adam

Adam Member

I see that as well as BT sport you can listen to the game on talksport2. Think this is only on DAB and online. Anyone know if you can get money for radio like you do for TV?

20. Adam

Adam Member