New season and crowds

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Going to pose a question that doesn't seem to have been discussed on here much, if at all.
    If crowds are still not allowed in, do we think the season at our level will actually start? There are all sorts of issues, such as the paying of players.
    Anyone aware of any clubs who might make a stand on this?

2. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

With cases getting higher each day you're in for a long wait before crowds return to Beveree!

MK

Hampton mad likes this.
  3. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

The Worlds gone mad. Forget paying the players. Make sure we pay the rent and Club house bills. Because if we don't the council will have us out of here and build houses. As i said in March and you all laughed can't see us playing in front of supporters for a year.

4. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

You could well be right HM, but does no crowds mean no games? Big clubs can afford it but those at our level surely can't...

5. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Play the youth team and players that will play for free as long as we have a club.

6. tony

tony Member

I would imagine clubs could survive for a couple of games without fans relying on season ticket income but probably not much more. The NL needs to lobby hard that unless supporters are allowed then no games can be played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Hampton mad likes this.
  7. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Health and Safety have told the club zero spectators until further notice. Until this changes we won't be allowed in.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  8. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Over 500 at Fetcham Grove yesterday. What's the difference between their ground and ours? Also its allowed not aloud!

MK

9. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I wonder what the areas we fell down on were? The key to being able to social distance in grounds is having space available in all places...presumably the ground has some "pinch points" then.

10. tony

tony Member

I think we are still waiting for the council to come and do their inspection so we haven’t failed any test. Until they do their inspection visit we have no certificate for anyone but have been allowed very restricted numbers which covers just the team and management for the PSFs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

The council have not yet visited the ground. A lot of work has already been carried out. Walkways have been marked out, access to bar/kitchen indicated with barriers, rows of seats closed off and seats for use marked. When the council visits I would hope that they will be impressed by the work carried out by our team of dedicated volunteers.

12. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Thanks for the info Les and Tony. The Council need to get down sharpish then by the sound of it...

13. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Well Les a lady claiming to have been working at the club fri/sat. And sat in the park yesterday afternoon listening to commentary of game from Maidenhead told us the story about Health and Safety not allowing spectators. When she over heard us discussing the club.

14. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

That was no Lady.....that was my wife!Boom-Boom!

And yes, on those days she was painting green dots on the seats that can be used by supporters if, and when. She has also said she was very specific about the fact that it was the delay in a new safety certificate that was causing the problem not just health & safety. You may have misheard
    I was also watching Hampton Hill 2nds just a few yards away, sitting on a chair on the grass with my grandchildren!

15. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

So it never occured to you to take the step ladder to York road HM???

MK

16. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Thank you Les for putting us straight about health and safety. I did know it was your wife we were talking to. But did not want to name her. Thanks for your reply.

17. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

No as you know MK we started off at Sunbury cricket. Left and went to Carlisle park cricket. Left and finished up at Hampton hill cricket where we met Les's wife. Went to Sutton Cricket today loads watching. Bar open and food. The worlds gone mad.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  18. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

I bet the club car's bonnet was overheating after all that

MK

19. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

No Mk The Club Car runs like a dream after Big rich got it serviced. Over 400 at Bracknell saturday i hear for first league game.

Big Rich likes this.
  20. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

A full strip down service of the engine did the trick.

Only 226 at Bracknell vs Chipstead.