1. cliffp

cliffp Member

Plenty of full backs

2. Agree, that makes out of ten so far possibly five are classed there.
    I await the strikers and central defenders with interest.

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

The Manager's Q&A on July 5th is going to be interesting to say the least.

4. In fairness the recruiting has not finished, so it is premature to make any judgements. I hope we sign some players who have been first choice at Conference South or star players at Isthmian Premier level.

5. tony

tony Member

And why no release of names of the four players staying?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. I just wonder if Dowse has stepped in and diverted them to Woking!
    The list of players we would wish to keep is shrinking.

7. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Anyone know if the budget has been cut?

Hampton mad likes this.
  8. Good question! Might be an answer to the Dowse situation and recruiting so far.

9. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

No idea. But, if I were funding it all, I would probably look at the coming season and some of the claims being made about the budgets of Billericay, Woking, Torquay and others, and think to myself, "promotion will be impossible this time around, let's not break the bank over it..."

Looking at our signings so far, I suspect that's not too far wide of the mark.

10. Nicebeaver

Nicebeaver New Member

OMG, can we move on and stop going on about the previous manager ...please?!

hrbfc__fan likes this.
  11. Tw2. Think there will be others thinking the same , could see quite a scramble to avoid the drop. A dangerous game.
    Gary may be able to get more out of these players.

Hampton mad likes this.
  12. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

50pts avoid relegation.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Guingamptonian and Lord Elpus like this.
  13. Whoryer

Whoryer New Member

Surely there must be a big budget cut,as 5 now joined from Hendon,and none of them any of their better players.I"m guessing the 4 players staying on were only squad players not any of the key players.Fingers crossed we will attract some higher quality players before the season starts when they become available otherwise it's going to be a very long season

14. New Convert

New Convert New Member

Whatever happened to Duncan Culley? Would those with more non league knowledge than me let me know if he is now the sort of player that is at our new level or (heaven forbid) above or below?

15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Last heard of playing for Hayes &Yeading. Scored a few for them too. Good player if he has the right service. I'd have him back.

16. As far as players from Hendon are concerned. True there are not the players their fans regard as the stars. If Gary cannot bring in the likes of Muir then our fears look to have substance.

17. tony

tony Member

I’m guessing that the four remainders could be McCauley, Roberts, Jelley and Kamara. Other than the Academy lads there can’t be many left unaccounted for assuming Casey is a cert to follow Dowse and Max probably heading out also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. tony

tony Member

Forgot Charles who could be one of the Four. Can’t see Crawford being in anyone’s plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Might be worth looking at the Beavers Trust minutes for last January?

20. Would agree, Dowse has left us with those players he does not want as we feared.
    Several of these players are backs and midfielders where Gary has already recruited so the four may turn out to be less.
    No mention of Kiernan but sure he will be off but not to Dowse.