R.I.P. Steve Barry

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Paul B, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Paul B

Paul B Member

I am sad to report that our stalwart supporter Steve Barry (aka Fat Git) has lost his fight against lung cancer.
    Steve passed away at 23:45 yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers are with Carolyn, Alec and Erin at this sad time.
    Steve will be sadly missed on the Beveree terraces. Details of the funeral will be posted when known.

2. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

So Sad Rest in Peace Steve.You will be greatly missed.

SteveM likes this.
  3. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Steve and Alec came to us as Fulham fans but we managed to convert them to our cause. Our thoughts are with the Barrys. Once a Beaver.......

4. Larry

Larry Member

So sorry to hear of Steve’s passing. A fantastic fan and a nice bloke as well.
    RIP Steve.

Hampton mad likes this.
  5. Richard

Richard Member

Very sad news. RIP Steve.

6. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

RIP Steve.

7. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Thoughts are with Alec, Cally & Erin.

Many happy memories travelling around the country to watch Hampton with Steve over the years. I'm sure a few glasses will be raised in his memory on Saturday.

Richard likes this.
  8. Busy Beaver

Busy Beaver New Member

Such sad news; I have many happy memories (and photos) of Steve who was a friend since I started coming to Hampton matches. Prayers and thoughts with Alec, Callie and Erin xx

9. nigelandliss

nigelandliss Member

Made us feel very welcome when we first started supporting the Beavers. R.I.P. Steve, thoughts to Callie, Alec and Erin. Will raise a glass on Saturday in respect.

10. Sad news indeed. I remember Steve and Alec first coming to Beveree. Steve was always fun to be around and had a great sense of humour.

Thoughts are with Alec and Family

R.I.P Steve

11. Paul B

Paul B Member

Steve’s funereal will take place at Hanworth Crematorium on Tuesday 24th September at 3:20. Following the service everyone in invited to Hammonds from 5pm.

Hampton mad likes this.
  12. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Donations can be made to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/steven-david-barry or give to a collection on the day.

13. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

RIP Steve. Great Hampton supporter and thoroughly nice person, we will miss your witty remarks in the bar after the match.
    Thoughts are with you Alec, Callie and Erin.