1. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

I feel like the club needs to do all that they can to get this man signed permanently and base our squad around him next season even if it means spending abit of the Oldham money,
    Since he has joined on loan he has shown fight, determination and leaderhsip qualities which I felt we had been lacking but he has been excellent since he has signed for us on loan and every game he has been up there for MOTM

Nick and Whoryer like this.
  2. cliffp

cliffp Member

Completely agree. He's been excellent.

It appears he fell out with the manager at Wealdstone and was frozen out despite being on (as I understand it) a contract.

Hopefully he's enjoying his football again and would been keen to stay.

3. Here’s some background on him from the Wealdstone fans forum. I would agree he has captained the team and has been a successful loan player.
    If you read the whole forum below who will get an idea as to some of the issues involved. One tricky issue might be his wages,
    Wealdstone appear to have some financial issues if you look at other topics on their foru, so might be happy to do a deal?

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17418&sid=0f32b23391b015dc2b0f22b49ab528aa

4. tony

tony Member

We’ve lost 6 of the 10 games he’s played in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. cliffp

cliffp Member

And your point is?

6. tony

tony Member

That he has not made much difference to performances.

7. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Have to disagree if he wasn’t in the side I think we may have lost 9/10 and instead of losing 6/10 and also I feel without him instead of conceding 2/3 goals a game we may have conceded 5/6

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Hampton mad likes this.
  8. davc

davc Member

He has definitely lifted the mobility and energy in midfield and likes a tackle. I also feel there is more to come as in terms of creativity. He probably would have made it into last years side.

Hampton mad and hrbfc__fan like this.
  9. Before he came to us we were struggling. He had hardly played before he arrived. His games for us coincided with some very difficult matches, so any player, given these circumstances, would have struggled to make an immediate impact.
    Gary rates him and he is skippering the team, it suggests he might be one player who would form the backbone of a future, which we all hope, would be a successful team.

10. tony

tony Member

If we can afford him. He is reputedly on very big money at Wealdstone which I presume we are largely paying. Would he be prepared to drop wages to join us permanently? Or would we be prepared to continue at that level/increase the budget to accommodate him? He’s a decent enough player but have he may have his sights elsewhere after the end of the season.

11. We are not privy to any discussion he has or is having with the club. His wage requirements were known, so I presume would have been part of these talks.
    As for other clubs, he can play at our level, so he is attractive to them, we know one manager who likes to raid Beveree!

12. His loan must be coming to its end, so it might be the time to make a firm decision as to his future as, I believe, you cannot continue monthly loans indefinitely.
    Mentioning loans, Orlu’s must be up soon for renewal. Welling have just cut their budget due in part, to reduction in sponsorship. If we feel he is worth taking on, could be something worth exploring?
    Other forums in our league are expressing similar to what has been expressed on this forum, that this season with Woking,Torquay and possibly Billericay with their financial clout, it is best to bide your time, save money and ensure league survival for the future.
    Could be an interesting time in next few weeks.

13. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Stays for an extra month- Happy is an understatement I’m very much looking forward to a midfield trio of Cox,Connors and if fit McLaren

14. If we are thinking of the future he is the type of player who could be very useful in moulding a successful squad together. Feel it will all revolve around finance, Wealdstone will want a fee, as he still has another year on his contract and he is on a high wage according to reports.
    The general consensus for team building is a strong spine, regardless of what level is played. Keeper - Gary rates Tom, at present the central defence is not sorted, Cox might help with others in central midfield and we need at least one more quality striker.

15. Interesting comments by Gary before the game, it seems we have made some financial arrangements with Dover that has made Connor affordable for the rest of this season and Gary alluded that there might be some arrangements for next season.