Start Date for Next Season?

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by RogerSW, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

At the beginning of June 2019 I walked into Hammonds bar and bought my early bird season ticket for a bargain £105. I wonder if there's a premier league or championship team that can match or better that price???

MK

2. I am sure many supporters would be willing to help the club financially at this difficult time. Other clubs are exploring ways to obtain income whether through crowdfunding schemes, grants etc. I am sure the club is currently looking at commercial opportunities.
    Mention of season tickets brings up two points, how to deal with potential refunds for the 19/20 season and how to price for next season due to the uncertainty.
    Personally I would not be looking for any refund and would be happy to pay a deposit on the coming season’s to aid the Club’s cash flow. It might be that with restrictions on numbers, prepaid ticketing might be the only way to guarantee entry at Beveree.

Nick likes this.
  3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

No, I wouldn't be looking for any refund either. An acknowledgment might not be a bad idea from the club's point of view though.

RogerSW likes this.
  4. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Agreed. I would not want any refund.

RogerSW likes this.
  5. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Yes we will be wanting refunds on season tickets. Need to buy a New exhaust for The Club Car. Start the Club car Mr Barbel lets get out of here. Boom BOOM Pop BANG. Needham market here we come.

6. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

I’ve got a new exhaust from Woking’s pile of spares HM. And a couple of LED floodlight bulbs. No season ticket refunds required.

Hampton mad likes this.
  7. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Yes Thanks Big Rich. Needham Market have brought the LED Floodlights bulbs. And the spare exhaust fits The Club car a treat. Just need to pop down windmill road and get a bent Mot off Bert. No season ticket refund needed now. Big Rich your a star.

Big Rich likes this.
  8. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

9. The current front runner to start the season is mid September. Looks like clubs are starting to tailor their training with this in mind.
    What rules apply to spectators is still unclear.

10. Adam

Adam Member

October sounds like it could be when next season starts. Boris Johnson announced hoping to reopen stadiums from then. So pre season behind closed doors in September with 3rd October start maybe.

Richard likes this.
  11. In previous seasons with an early August start, pre season training started at the end of June with pre season friendlies from the middle of July.
    Allowing for the time since the last competitive game, I would expect training to be longer with it starting in the next couple of weeks. As for friendly games, they might be behind closed doors in August/ September but we should start to get an idea of the squad make up.

12. Adam

Adam Member

Looks like the guidance from the FA is out, signed off by the DCMS. Teams can commence full training. Pre season can take place in August. Sounds like the season is allowed to start in September. That’s going by twitter as the FA website won’t load!

13. Adam

Adam Member

14. tony

tony Member

Just the bottom side relegated plus one additional side from North and South. If ever there was a season to do just enough to survive this is it. Most sides seem, sensibly, to be reducing budgets. More than most sides we have retained the bulk of our squad so a reasonable expectation we will not have repeat of last season’s disastrous start. Still need a keeper, lead striker and probably defensive midfielder to round off the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Would agree with your shopping list Tony. Keeper and lead striker are high priority and hopefully will be filled quickly. You mentioned a left back from Oxford and where he fitted into the plans, it might be that Farrell fills the defensive midfielder role?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyron_Farrell
    We do also have Sam who is a defensive midfielder rather than a right back and we know his international commitment will see him missing games.
    Agree we should start much better than last season.

16. tony

tony Member

There area few players who can play different positions so good flexibility to cover injuries, absences and loss of form. Once we get into pre season games we’ll get a better idea of who fits where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Agree Tony there are several players who are able to fill into different roles in what will be a busy season.
    Not sure how many players Gary will have in his squad, previously he has indicated as a preferred number of 17 to 20. Looking at the team photo at the start of last season there were 20 players including three on loan and a backup keeper. We currently have 14 and following previous comments, another three look likely, so depending on the budget, there might be further additions plus some young players from the academy?
    We might get some further news this weekend, because full preseason training starts next week with the first friendly scheduled for 22/8.

18. Adam

Adam Member

RogerSW likes this.
  19. SteveM

SteveM Member