The Grass is not always greener

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by nigelandliss, Aug 8, 2018.

1. nigelandliss

nigelandliss New Member

Just a thought.

2. Busy Beaver

Busy Beaver New Member

Do they know who threw it? Interesting he didn't do a video statement when we had a flare thrown.

3. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Sounds a bit more serious than our events last season!

4. What has that got to do with 'the grass is not always greener'?

5. nigelandliss

nigelandliss New Member

i would have thought this particular proverb would be self-evident. Perhaps another one should be, "Be careful what you wish for".

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 5:07 AM
  6. Brit

Brit Member

I wonder if, after three games, he wished for Woking to be top of the table and Hampton at 18th

7. nigelandliss

nigelandliss New Member

Well that is certainly a point i must admit, but the manner of said wins with the Supporters involved seems not to be his favorite way of moving forward.

8. As he left us with only only player signed on for this season, there would appear to have been no forward planning.

9. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Course it is, it's the 'dodgy' Woking yobbos throwing flares, fighting other supporters, booing the team at half time when they weren't winning!!! [Can you imagine how badly that goes down in the dressing room with the players ?!!]

You've picked a good lot there Dowse, maybe its like a 20thC Millwall mark 2 ? Doesn't sound like a very good community club to me, lots of old style mardarses! Dowse has obviously been 'Spoilt' by the pleasant supportive fans in Hampton!!!

Anyway, Now Hampton have got their first brilliantly constructed win, 3-2 AWAY at St.Albans !!!!!!!!! After 30 years of watching Hampton I won't have to hear ANY of our supporters boo the team or start fights in the crowd for the first time ever. Well done to Gary and his 'new' Hampton and Richmond lads!

Agent x likes this.