The merry go round begins.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Rumour is that Wilkinson off to Aldershot?

2. tony

tony Member

Suspect Wealdstone have cut the budget given their boardroom ructions and that’s the reason he’s gone. Rebuild for Wealdstone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SteveM

SteveM Member

Sam Cox possibly at a loose end? Could do with his leadership next season, with Dundo having departed.

4. Believe he still has one further year on his contract at Wealdstone, the new manager may want him around. If they are reducing their budget they might come to a compromise to clear him off the wage bill. If so, it might depend if we can afford him

5. davc

davc Member

don't see Cox as a player to build a team around. He is ok and battles hard but doesn't have the stature or ability to really boss a game

Nicebeaver likes this.
  6. I'd have to disagree with that. He's exactly the sort of player to build around. Never hides, never quits, plenty of fight. Was head and shoulders above the rest of our team every time he played for us.

Richard likes this.
  7. SteveM

SteveM Member

Not going to get much better with our budget — I know he’s no Dan Sweeney but he is tenacious, full of energy and a born leader. I’d snap him up in a heartbeat if we can afford him.

8. Mawgan

Mawgan Member

Quite right Steve, we need players with energy, who are tenacious, have the will to win (or not to lose) and also Craig Dundas will be a big loss too as he always put in 100% as a minimum and apparently was like 'a bear with a sore head' all weekend + if the team lost (so his missus said). Were others that bovvered!

9. Graham Wood

Graham Wood New Member

Steve, Could you please let me know what the budget is for next season.

10. SteveM

SteveM Member

I assume it wouldn’t be too far off the budget for last season, bar Jamal being sold by Pompey, but you should have a better idea than me so why you asking? Can't make a simple, non-controversial comment on a fans' forum without getting trolled by the club chairman and a veritable flock of sheep pandering to it -- WTAF?

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  11. There are so many potential changes in our league.
    With a reduced budget, Wealdstone are endeavoring to keep most of their key players.
    Chelmsford have released 13 players from their squad.

12. No sheep pandering from me Steve , I just thought it was quite a funny retort .

ALLY ALLY ALLY O likes this.
  13. SteveM

SteveM Member

Bants, obvs

14. Nicebeaver

Nicebeaver New Member

Would that be the "assume", as in without proof and knowledge and making an arse out of yourself? Baa

15. SteveM

SteveM Member

Not too distant a reach, I wouldn't have thought. Without a little bit of speculation we all may as well avoid commenting, unless of course its the very clever practice of saying nothing and then criticising others when they do. Eee-or!

Lord Elpus likes this.
  16. As there has been some talk on this forum on Ks and their manager merry go round. It has stopped with Hayden Bird who has left Merstham after four years there. An experienced man at their level, might get them pulling together.

Impressive first interview, reminded me a bit of Dowse. Ks have big plans especially for a new ground. He felt he had taken Merstham as far as he could without more investment and that Ks have the history, support etc which attracted him. Ks budget would not be as big as last season, but I am sure he will be operating a bigger one than he previously had.

Mentioned that Inman is one of their three contracted players, he had a brief chat and would be talking to him in more detail shortly.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  17. tony

tony Member

Braintree Manager has stepped down so not doubt a fair few changes there as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk