Today's ladies match at the bev...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Mucky knees, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

... Has been postponed says volumes for the state off our pitch the last match played at the bev was January fifteenth

Because of this the ladies have to travel to northwoods ground

Alan Hansen would say shocking

Well if e don't get the pitch sorted out when are we going to play at the bev next??!

MK

2. Kent

Kent Member

The ground is being rested so that the 1st team can play on it next Saturday. All the other teams that use our pitch have to understand that the money is made on the 1st team playing on it

3. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Thanks Kent so why was a pitch inspection called for in the first place not so long ago we never had a match called off to the elements

MK

4. Kent

Kent Member

I think referee's were more lenient then as you can see from tv pictures

5. Ray Barbel

Ray Barbel New Member

Thats a good decision to rest the pitch Muckyknees The first team needs to play a Home fixture and get some money in the bank and points in the League. Not sure they should be playing Ladies football on there anyway. First team and Reserves and under 18 Youth team only IMO.

Regards Ray Barbel

6. Cress

Cress Member

Ladies football is a big factor in applying for various grants, as is a disabilities team as both show providing a platform for the entire community.

Ladies football does little damage to a pitch as they don't play many games, and they don't fly in to 50/50 tackles like the means game.

7. Kent

Kent Member

What's a means game?:D

8. Alan Hansen says lots of things. Mostly irrelevant in todays football and mostly about what it was like playing over twenty years ago when pitches were usually mud and sand and crunching tackles were the norm.
    [hr]
    We've had many matches called of at Beveree over recent years. It isn't any worse nowadays and Reserve, Women's and Youth games are always the first to be called off to protect the pitch for the 1st Team.

9. slewis1972

slewis1972 Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I personally think the club needs to look if its financially possible to go down the 3g route to meet the demands of a club like ourselves where we now have so many teams. Playing all the games at the Bev will bring in much needed revenue, and may help reduce the long term financial burden of training costs etc.
    We'd have no more discussions of games being called, poor pitch etc.

10. I doubt there are any more matches played on the pitch now than there was 10 years ago.
    I'm sure that the club are well aware of the benefits of a 4G (the latest generation) pitch. The outlay for one would be massive and that's why there aren't that many of them installed at our lever. If they were cheaper it's a no brainer but it's that age old problem..............money!!!

11. tony

tony Member

The club has had a look at the cost of 4G and you are right it is very significant, would need grant funding and a substantial amount as a contribution from the club. Then you have to take into account changing rules as to whether 4G is acceptable in various divisions. In terms of priority I am not sure a 4G pitch is top of our priorities and probably beyond our current financial means.

12. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

I find it hard to swallow that the club are pleading poverty yet in the clubhouse bar they have sky sports which hardly anybody looks at, after all we did away with it for so many seasons reached two consecutive playoff finals in the blue square south league

It can't all be down to money can it

MK

13. Ray Barbel

Ray Barbel New Member

Thats it then Mucky. get shot of Sky Sports in the bar and we will make the playoffs. You have cracked it mate. Excellent.

Regards Ray Barbel

14. Cress

Cress Member

Our people talking about an artificial pitch for competitive fixtures?! NO! May is well rip up the ground and sell the lease to Powerleague if its all about money.

Has the club got a groundsman? If so, are they full time, and are they are professional?

15. I think what the original poster was meaning was that (like Maidstone with their 4G) you can hire out the pitch and have game after game on the same pitch and as they come off the pitch the players get changed, go in the bar and spend money.
    You obviously can't do that with a grass pitch. Like it or not, this is the way football at this level is going. Clubs need to get the most revenue out of what they have. I wouldn't worry though Cress, with the cost that 4G pitches are i doubt we'll see one at The Bev for some time!

16. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Maidstone are getting gates approaching the two thousand mark and a step down the pyramid than us so they must have some brass lying around

MK

17. I should imagine that most of their brass goes into paying for their new ground.

18. tony

tony Member

If we had attendances of 2,000 then all sorts of opportunities would present themselves. But we don't and never will. The more relevant question is how much will it cost to fix the drainage problem to stop us losing games to the weather. Something for the close season though.

19. slewis1972

slewis1972 Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'd be interested to know if the 3g idea was considered after we decided to expand the number of teams. The training costs of first, reserve, capita and academy teams must be high and if we had a 3g pitch, all those funds can go and pay for that, plus saving on ground maintenance, game abandonment on weekends (factor in less people attending on a midweek night) etc. Factor the cost over 10 years+ and look at the options of getting additional revenue from renting it out, then I personally would like to see the maths and viability.
    If we had a consistent playing surface I'd hazzard a guess we would be in alot better position league wise than we are now. Look at the last few seasons, when the weather has gone to crap, and the training and pitch situation deteriorates the results go down hill.

Just my thoughts by based on current situation but I think it needs revisiting.

20. I have no idea on the finances of the club or how the various teams are funded. If you know how they are funded the perhaps you could let us all know then we can comment on it. Once you've given us the cost of a 4G (the latest generation) pitch then factored in the cost over 10 years + then we can perhaps all comment on that as well.