Tuesday night Football

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Rob Overfield, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Tuesday night league game on as Cray beaten 3-0 by Faversham...

Shock.

2. jamesb5374

jamesb5374 Member

At Cray too, big result that. Cray must be woeful this season, they've taken some hidings already.

3. SteveM

SteveM Member

Fingers crossed for another one then.

4. Klinsmann

Klinsmann Member

:D:D:D

5. jamesb5374

jamesb5374 Member

They've already lost 5-0, 6-1 and 7-1 this season! Jordan must be rubbing his hands in anticipation!

6. Scott

Scott Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    And you are hoping, like the rest of 200+ fans that Rocastle will start.

7. jamesb5374

jamesb5374 Member

I think he will, his partnership with Joel is too promising not to start him.

8. The Bishop

The Bishop Member

We can't drop Moone surely!

9. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

He hasn't scored since the second game of the season...

10. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

Although to be fair he did score in the match that was abandoned against Met. Police (I think?)

11. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 New Member

Didn't he score on Wednesday before the game was abandoned
    [hr]
    Snap

12. jamesb5374

jamesb5374 Member

Why? He's barely had a shot in the last two or three games.

I love Charlie as much as any Hampton fan but the Jordan-Joel partnership looks so dangerous. Whether Jordan can have as big an impact from the start is another matter...

13. SteveM

SteveM Member

Don't see why not -- Jordan's speed and direct approach would trouble defenders at any stage of the game IMO, especially in partnership with Joel. Perfect fixture to give it a whirl anyway.

14. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Doesn't count officially...

15. Cress

Cress Member

Would Dwight Gayle (now of Palace) have got a start at Hampton?

Sometimes you just need to throw a young lad in. Its not a risk when they play in an attacking position, and especially when the player has already been finding the net.

Derek Asamoah could never get a start at Hampton. Nor could Jon Henry-Hayden... but there is only so long before a player gets bored of being a super sub.

By the looks of the photo after the game, has Rocastle even been given a club tracksuit yet? He comes all the way from Norwich, that shows he is committed.

16. Hincha

Hincha Member

Great result but couldn't get to the game tonight. How did the Jordan-Joel partnership work out against the worst defense in the league?

Who should be starting at Bognor do you think?

17. Peter Barnes

Peter Barnes Member

It was the reverse of Saturday, when we improved following Jordan's replacing Charlie. This time we picked up the momentum when Charlie replaced Joel. Common to both games was the appearance of James Simmonds from the bench. Very good performances. As for Bognor - anyone have a coin?

18. John Keightley

John Keightley Administrator Staff Member

Jordan did well, and ran his guts out all night! I like his attitude. He was a dead cert to score if Joel made the simple pass across goal to him rather than the limp effort that drifted wide.

We made multiple chances throughout the game, and for once seemed to boss the midfield.
    We really should have scored loads of goals, with or without the introduction of Charlie. We were a lot more composed in the final third once Simmo came on though.

Excellent nights entertainment. Lets hope we can carry on this form against stronger opposition !

19. tony

tony Member

Ended well enough but after initial resistance Cray fell to pieces and showed why they are league whipping boys at the moment. My concern was the lack of any meaningful penetration in the first half, some poor delivery from dead ball situations and lack of guile in how to break down their defence. We didn't manage a shot on target until the second half. Bognor away will be a stiffer test and show whether we have turned any corners in this division. Personally I would persevere with Rocastle but he needs the right service, ball on the ground and in space.

20. SteveM

SteveM Member

Jordan and Joel all day long
    [hr]
    Along with Simmo